Housing: General ENG

On Campus (Residence)

First Year Undergraduate students may either rank the four University residences (REV, V1, MKV, UWP) in order of their preference, or choose to apply to one of the four college residences. Colleges offer smaller communities, have a different meal plan, and are often more expensive. The purchase of one of three meal plan options is mandatory for all students housed in dormitory style residence.

First Year International Undergraduates and Exchange Students are generally only placed in CLV South, while International Graduates have a choice between CLV North and St. Paul’s college apartments. CLV North is also the only campus residence that can accommodate students with families. Note: family units are unfurnished, but still include stove, refrigerator, washer and dryers.

Upper year students must apply prior to the term (visit the website for the deadlines) in order to qualify for on campus housing. If accepted, students will have a limited time (usually one week) to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure the location.

Off Campus

The first place to start when searching for off-campus housing is the UW’s Off Campus Housing website. You can search listings in the Kitchener-Waterloo region, as well as other cities (for co-op students). It is recommended that you filter the search results based on proximity, date of availability, number of rooms, price, etc. The Sublet Board (Classifieds) is where students post short-term or roommate-wanted advertisements, free of charge. These listings are not as easily filtered.

Kijiji is another popular place for finding rentals, sublets, and roommates. Make sure you find as much information as possible about the room before signing a lease or leaving a deposit.

[Document List of Apartments]

[Document City of Waterloo Discounts]

[Document Map]

Housing: General ENG